Oando Nigeria PLC Vacancy for Barge SupervisorHOW TO APPLY
The Overall purpose of this position is to monitor the weather conditions and rig motions, advice OIM on conditions likely to affect drilling operations seaworthiness of rig.
1. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Articulation of the short, medium and long manpower requirements of the division; design and implementation of a business focused learning and development programme;
· Ensure that accurate calculation of load distribution and weights for daily stability reports are maintained.
· Coordinate all helicopter and supply boats traffic – supervise movement of materials and personnel to and from the rig
· Ensure all navigation equipment is properly maintained and ready or use at all times
· Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water et cetera.
· Ensure that cranes are safe working condition.
· Ensure all safety equipment, including lifeboats and fire-fighting equipment is maintained in a state of operational readiness at all times.
· Actively participate in the daily operations meeting with the OIM and other rig department heads.
· Operate and maintain the bulk system as required.
· Supervise test on firefighting equipment, obstacle lighting and audible signals.
· Ensure all lifting gears are inspected and certified, correctly color coded, maintained, and stowed properly.
· Prepare and supervise rig move plans, anchor patterns, and associated mobilization preparations.
· For jack up rigs, prepare the pre-load calculations and carry out jacking operations taking note of weather and sea conditions.
· Ensure that daily marine logs are accurate and completed. Forward copies of these reports to the shore-base office.
· Ensure that all Flag State, Classification Society, statutory regulation, and minimum manning requirements are complied with.
· Coordinate and supervise periodic inspections of the rig’s structure, including hull compartments and critical joints
· Assist in the effective management of the Preventive Maintenance System and ensure all records are properly maintained.
· Supervise the operations operation and maintenance of pollution control sytem.
· Prepare Job Safety Analysis for hazardous marine operations.
2. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the drilling.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- This position requires an individual with exceptional organization skills.
3. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory Skills
- Project Planning
- Relationship Management
- In-depth knowledge of drilling activities.
Click here to apply online (Note: You must register and complete your CV first before you can apply)
Oct 29, 2010